CASTLE STREET AREA OF CHERRYWOOD VILLAGE
Mercer Vale is named after the Mercer family, who held lands in Cherrywood that were used in 1795 as an encampment for 4,000 men to defend the country from a potential invasion by France into Killiney Bay. The lands were also used as a garrison during the 1798 rebellion. A large burial slab marked Mercer is located in nearby Tully Church.
Mercer Vale, is a new residential scheme located in South Dublin and forms part of the Cherrywood Strategic Development Zone. The scheme consists of a mix of 2 and three storey housing, three storey own door duplex blocks and a 27-unit 4 storey apartment building in the northeast corner of the site.
Fronted onto Castle Street in Cherrywood and with the newly delivered Beckett Park and Tully Park in very close proximity, the variety of house types and varying heights combined with pocket parks and shared surface areas throughout engenders a sense of place for the residents of Mercer Vale within the wider Cherrywood SDZ.