NEW BARBERS AND STREETWEAR IN STONEYBATTER
Prussia Street is named in the late 18th century after Frederick II, King of Prussia. Prior to this is had been called Cabaragh Lane, Nearby Manor Street derives its name from medieval Grangorman Manor. The name Stoneybatter, derived from ‘Bothar na gloch’ (road of stones) dates from at least 1603 (ibid, 128). The road follows an ancient route from Wicklow to Tara which crossed the Liffey at the ford of the hurdles.