Detached Church of Ireland church, built 1806, with three-stage tower to west gable. Flanking side aisles added c.1860, comprising three-bay side elevations with gabled terminating bays to east forming transepts. Stained glass window dedicated to Saint Hubert by Harry Clarke.
In May 1177, Henry II and Hugh de Lacy granted 12,001 acres of land in Castleknock to Hugh Tyrell, first Baron of Castleknock. A copy of the charter of the grant in Latin was discovered in 1933 by Eric St. John Brooks in the London Public Records Office. In 1185, Richard Tyrell, son of Hugh Tyrell, gave a grant to the Benedictine monks from the Abbey of Little Malvern in Worcestershire to endow a religious house in Castleknock in honour of St. Brigid.
They founded a monastery beside St. Brigid’s Well called the Abbey of St. Brigid in Castleknock and it was a dependent priory of Little Malvern. The lands and priory were transferred to the ownership of St. Mary’s Abbey in 1486 and on the dissolution of the monasteries after Henry VIII broke with Rome, it became the property of the Luttrell family. The first church was built here in 1609 on the site of the monastery of St. Brigid. In 1803, the foundation stone was laid by Hans Hamilton for the re-building of St. Brigid’s, the present day Castleknock parish church.