COAST ROAD – STRAND ROAD
The original name was The Church of St. Mary of the Assumption and of St. Peter. The church suffered severe damage one Sunday morning 7th July 1952 when it was struck by ball lightening during a thunderstorm that raged throughout early Mass. Part of the roof of the northern transept collapsed and fell into the church. Fr. John Dillon who was celebrating Mass gave Conditional Absolution to those present but there were thankfully no serious injuries.