Constituted in 1941 from Terenure. The village of Crumlin has had an ecclesiastical presence for many centuries. After the Penal Times the first was built in 1726 as a Chapel of Ease to Rathfarnham. The present parish church was built in 1935 with the growth of housing in Crumlin.
Designed in the Hiberno Romanesque style, the main nave was built 1933-35. Transepts and Aspe were added in 1942. The Sanctuary was rearranged in 1975. Little work was undertaken in the intervening years.
In a 16 week period from June 2013, refurbishment and renewal works were completed. The refurbishment included reordering of the sanctuary and resetting the altar podium, provision of new altar furniture and liturgical art commissions, restoration of existing artwork, new side chapel and reconciliation room, insulation of roof space, under floor heating, new flooring, new public facilities, refurbishment of pews and narthex, general redecoration, new lighting, enhanced disabled facilities and new entrance forecourt.