The National Inventory Of Architectural Heritage describes the building as follows: "Elaborate stone detailing to the fine shopfront enlivens the façade and adds textural interest to the streetscape, while moulded window surrounds are used to good effect to enhance and articulate the upper floors. It appears as early as 1840 in Thom's Directory as the property of James Sinnott, provisions dealer, while its late nineteenth-century character, with single-pane sash windows and render decoration, is derived from a later remodelling. It was the premises of James Dodd Family Grocer and Wine Merchant in the late nineteenth century. Prominently sited, this elegantly proportioned facade contributes positively to both Mountjoy Street and Wellington Street Lower. The beginnings of Mountjoy Street can be noted on Corbet's map of 1821 and the street is shown as being built on Wilson's map of 1829."