The street is well known as it is home to St. Michan's Catholic church
The first Roman Catholic chapel in St. Michan’s Parish was the chapel within the Convent (later known as the Richmond Hospital) The next chapel, or “Mass House,” was erected by Father Nary about 1730, on the south side of Mary’s Lane. The present Church of St. Michan was completed in 1817, in a subdued but attractive Gothic style. The more elaborate façade and tower on Halston Street were erected in 1891. There are two entrances to the church from Halston Street.
The parish church dates back to the early 19th Century with the foundation stone laid on the Feast of St. Michan, 25th August 1812 and the Dedication on 25th November 1817. Further work was undertaken in 1891 with the completion of the fine sanctuary in Halston Street.markets
The parish serves the people of the Markets, Courts and all those who live and work in the very busy part of the city which extends west from Capel Street to the Phoenix Park, south to the North Quays and north towards Phibsboro/Drumcondra.
THE IMAGES BELOW ARE SELECTBLE MENU OPTIONS